[SCTP-Discussion] modifying SCTP_message structure

  • From: amar deka <amar_nitw2000 AT yahoo.co.in>
  • To: discussion AT sctp.de
  • Subject: [SCTP-Discussion] modifying SCTP_message structure
  • Date: Sun Mar 20 08:52:01 2005

hi all

I tried to modify the "SCTP_message" structute in
messages.h
by
typedef struct SCTP_MESSAGE
{
SCTP_common_header common_header;
guchar sctp_pdu[MAX_SCTP_PDU];
guchar my_data[MY_DATA_SIZE];
}
SCTP_message;
so that i can add some data to the SCTP message
calculated over the original message.
then i tried to modify
mdi_send_message() in distribution.c by adding
..
..
char data[MY_DATA_SIZE]="skkkksjsij........";
.
.
memcpy(message->my_data,data,MY_DATA_SIZE);

..
before the line
aux_insert_checksum((unsigned char *) message,
length);

then i tried to receive the message->mydata from

mdi_receiveMessage()

in a char buffer by
buffer=(char*)message->my_data;
and tried to print it.
all i get is a garbage.

what may be the problem?
Another question ...
if i have to add a new control chunk and manipulate it

what steps should i follow??
SOS plz
amar