[SCTP-Discussion] Re: sctplib-1.3.1 and add-ip

  • From: Michael Tuexen <Michael.Tuexen AT micmac.franken.de>
  • To: Ilknur Aydin <aydin AT mail.eecis.udel.edu>
  • Cc: Chien-Chung Shen <cshen AT mail.eecis.udel.edu>, discussion AT sctp.de, Andreas Jungmaier <andreas.jungmaier AT web.de>
  • Subject: [SCTP-Discussion] Re: sctplib-1.3.1 and add-ip
  • Date: Tue Mar 29 20:02:02 2005

To disable the OOTB handling you specify the -i option of the
example programs. You can look at terminal.c to see how to do
it by using functions from sctp.h:

SCTP_initLibrary();
SCTP_getLibraryParameters(&params);
params.sendOotbAborts = sendOOTBAborts;
params.supportPRSCTP = 1;
params.checksumAlgorithm = SCTP_CHECKSUM_ALGORITHM_CRC32C;
SCTP_setLibraryParameters(&params);

On Mar 29, 2005, at 18:11 Uhr, Ilknur Aydin wrote:

Hi Michael,

I check the source code for echo_server and terminal programs, they both include sctp_wrapper.h instead of ua.h. As far as I understand this means the programs do not connect to the sctpd but instead try opening sockets themselves using SCTP_xxx library calls.
I do not know. One could do it by just linking the programs against a different
lib then the sctplib. Let us call it the sctpdlib. This lib would provide the
same API as the sctplib and therefore even sctp_wrapper.[ch] could be used.
Please note that sctp_wrapper.[ch] just wraps the sctp_* functions and does
some simple error handling for the examples programs.

yes, as far as I understand from the documantation, there is a different library called sctpdlib and the API sctpdlib provides is defined in ua.h file. Thus, you need to include ua.h in your programs. However, I can not find where is ua.h.

how do I make user programs run as un-previleged users and connect/use sctpd library calls?
I would guess that you link against a different library, but Andreas knows...

yes, sctpdlib.

Another question: in case I am OK to run programs as root and use sctplib functions as in sample programs echo_server, terminal, will there be any crucial problems in operating programs with sctplib ??

You have to disable OOTB handling.

how ?

regards & thanks,
ilknur