Re: [SCTP-Discussion] SCTP freeBSD implementation

  • From: Michael Tuexen <Michael.Tuexen AT micmac.franken.de>
  • To: "Luca Laurenzi" <laurenzi AT coritel.it>
  • Cc: <discussion AT sctp.de>
  • Subject: Re: [SCTP-Discussion] SCTP freeBSD implementation
  • Date: Tue Apr 5 19:22:02 2005

Hi Luca,

this list is for supporting the SCTP userland implementation available
from www.sctp.de.
However, see my comments in-line.

On Apr 5, 2005, at 17:33 Uhr, Luca Laurenzi wrote:

Hi all..
i need to create an experimental setup to test SCTP multihomed associatons between different hosts.
I'd like to use a kernel SCTP implementation, as FreeBSD kernel implementation of SCTP, available with the KAME Stack.

Anyone knows how it works?..
Yes. Install FreeBSD, then install KAME as described in the INSTALL files in the
KAME tarball.
It's a good idea or... it's better to use LKSCTP?..
The KAME stack has better performance and supports more features.
For playing with SCTP and having the choice between FreeBSD and
Linux I would choose FreeBSD/KAME (well the whole story: I choose Mac OS X and
the KAME SCTP stack). I would use LKSCTP only if there is a requirement to use
Linux. KAME does not work on Linux.

thanks in advance,
Best regards
Luca.