Re: [SCTP-Discussion] gap_report

  • From: Julio Kriger <juliokriger AT gmail.com>
  • To: Michael Tuexen <Michael.Tuexen AT micmac.franken.de>
  • Cc: discussion AT sctp.de
  • Subject: Re: [SCTP-Discussion] gap_report
  • Date: Mon Jun 13 19:52:00 2005

Hi Michael!
Well, that is in what I'm working on.
The enhancements works with duplicate and missing reports.
I know that after 4 missing reports, a tsn get fast retransmitted.
Think about having statistic data on missing reports and duplicate
reports. So if you learn that the network don't loose packages, but
somehow, delay them, so that you receive an average of 5 or 6 missing
reports and the corresponding duplicate reports. Then you can change
that "4" of fst retransmit to 5 or 6 to get better performance because
yo will not retransmit fast retransmit spurios tsn. This will enhance
the throughput of sctp working on wireless networks. I hope :)
So I think I will have to add my own missing report counter.
Regards,
Julio

On 6/13/05, Michael Tuexen
<Michael.Tuexen AT micmac.franken.de>