[SCTP-Discussion] Problem in using sctplib-1.04 when sending larg number of packets

  • From: Shailesh Kumar Prajapati <shaileshp25 AT yahoo.com>
  • To: discussion AT sctp.de
  • Cc: self <shaileshp25 AT yahoo.com>
  • Subject: [SCTP-Discussion] Problem in using sctplib-1.04 when sending larg number of packets
  • Date: Mon Mar 13 12:53:10 2006

Hi All

We are using sctplib-1.04 , we are facing performance issue . We are using two programs provided in sctplib-1.04 . echo_tool and echo_server . When we pump packets around 50000 , each packet size is 512 bytes from echo_tool , After receiving 4 packts there is no data transfer between echo_tool and echo_server for almost 2-3 minutes , then whole data pump from echo_tool to echo_server in bulk . We are not able to trace the reason .
when We send more than 50000 packets, we don't receive all the packets, packets are start loosing, after sometime communication is lost between echo_server and echo_tool.
We are using linux(CentOS 2.4) maching, which is having 1GB of RAM.
Can someone please explain the reason and how to solve the problem

Thanks & Regards
Shailesh

Yahoo! Mail