[SCTP-Discussion] multihoming ip

  • From: vipin viswakumar <vipinviswakumar AT yahoo.co.in>
  • To: sctp <discussion AT sctp.de>, Michael Tuexen <michael.tuexen AT micmac.franken.de>
  • Subject: [SCTP-Discussion] multihoming ip
  • Date: Thu Mar 23 17:52:19 2006

Helo Mike,

How can we configure more than 1 ip address to a single network interface,how sctp supports that feature,,,??? do we have to modify the program or something,,,???

where will we add the new ips???

and about kernel implementation,,i am using a 2.6.11 kernel,,if i use lksctp,,do i need 2 recompile my 2.6.11 kernel..what is the discussion support for lksctp??
and do you know which all packages ,,i mean lksctp lib and api are compatible and required to install in 2.6.11 kernel,,,,
can we use  normal file transfer using sctp if we use kernel implementation,,,can i use ping packets using sctp protocol???

regards

Jiyo cricket on Yahoo! India cricket