[SCTP-Discussion] How to determine whether message is on TCP or SCTP socket descriptor?

  • From: rohit agrawal <agrawal_rohit1 AT yahoo.co.in>
  • To: sctp <discussion AT sctp.de>
  • Subject: [SCTP-Discussion] How to determine whether message is on TCP or SCTP socket descriptor?
  • Date: Wed Apr 5 14:32:04 2006

Hi ,

I have a question? I want to have a server application which is listening on  UDP ,TCP and SCTP port(one to one style socket). Now if a message has arrived on the server application how will it determine that message has come on which socket fd ? Using getsockopt function  i could determine whether the message has come on UDP or TCP only. Also the ext_getsockopt function (present in socketapi-1.7.0)determines options only for SCTP.

For TCP and SCTP (one to one style socket) the socket type is SOCK_STREAM.

I would be thankful if there is some way to know on which fd message has arrived.

Thanks and regards
Rohit Agrawal

Jiyo cricket on Yahoo! India cricket