Re: [SCTP-Discussion] sctp.lib - Link error (missing libc.lib)

  • From: Michael Tuexen <Michael.Tuexen AT micmac.franken.de>
  • To: fabianbaptista AT adinet.com.uy
  • Cc: discussion AT sctp.de
  • Subject: Re: [SCTP-Discussion] sctp.lib - Link error (missing libc.lib)
  • Date: Wed Sep 13 21:32:03 2006

Hi Fabián,

see my comments in-line.

On Sep 12, 2006, at 9:17 PM, Fabián Baptista wrote:

Hi,
I'm building a DLL under Visual C++ project, wich includes sctp.lib
library.
When I try to build it, I'm facing this link error:

fatal error LNK1104: cannot open file 'LIBC.lib'

As I think to know, libc is the standard (single threaded) C library.
But seems that Visual Studio 2005, doesn't trade it.
I think you need VC 6.

Is any way to change the compiling definitions to the sctp library to
multi threaded?
The library is not multithreaded. If you want to see how it can be used
in a multithreaded environment, see the socketapi library.
Is the best option to develop a dll that uses sctp lib under Visual
Studio?
It is possible with VC 6. See the README.win32.

Thanks in advance.
regard,
Fabián