Re: [SCTP-Discussion] (no subject)

  • From: Michael Tuexen <Michael.Tuexen AT micmac.franken.de>
  • To: "Patel, Hari T (Hari)" <htpatel AT alcatel-lucent.com>
  • Cc: <discussion AT sctp.de>
  • Subject: Re: [SCTP-Discussion] (no subject)
  • Date: Tue Apr 17 23:12:02 2007

comments in-line.

On Apr 17, 2007, at 10:39 PM, Patel, Hari T (Hari) wrote:

Hello
I need to quickly run some simple programs that can send/receive/ echo some SCTP traffic through our box
- preferably on a Windows XP platform

I installed the lib and dlls from http://www.sctp.be/sctplib/index.htm
Not sure if they have been updated to the latest code which you can get from http://www.sctp.de.
I cannot get any simple program working. Is there any additional description on running the following ? Do they work ?
Please disable the Windows Firewall completely. Then you should be able to run something like
combined_server -i -V
in one shell
and
terminal -i -V -d 127.0.0.1
on another shell (the above is the Unix syntax, I'm not sure about the windows syntax).
chargen generator
chargen generator
Discard server
Echo Server
Echo tool
Terminal
If the above do not work can any one recommend some simple tests on a Linux platform that are documented and will work out of the box using VMWARE
You could compile the sctplib for Linux or use the Linux kernel implementation. This works from
VMWare.
On windows ?
The only freely available SCTP implementation for Windows I know of is the SCTPlib...
-Thanks