[SCTP-Discussion] Im new to SCTP and I need some help

  • From: "Tomasz Jankowski" <tomcioj AT gmail.com>
  • To: discussion AT sctp.de
  • Subject: [SCTP-Discussion] Im new to SCTP and I need some help
  • Date: Thu, 1 Nov 2007 21:59:41 +0100

Hello!

I'm working on some small project, which will use SCTP protocol. I write on on Linux and so far everything is fine. Now I'm preparing to port my cod on Windows and I will be very happy if I will help me. I have poor experience with programming for win32, however I am not a total noob. I have a few questions/problems:
1. Which versions of Microsoft Windows sctplib (v1.0.6) support?
3. I need to compile socketapi and sctplib packages to have working support for SCTP protocol, am I right?
4. I haven't found any API reference. I only read ext_socket.h file in socketapi package. I found them two sets of funnctions. First is the same as BSD sockets API, but with "ext_" prefix. The second set contains sctp_XXX functions. A I understand I should only functions provided by sctplib and i shouldn't not combine them with winsock API (for example use ext_socket () or ext_select ()  instead of socket () and select () ), right?
5. sctplib just implement official API for SCTP protocol and does not add any extra stuff, not mentioned in some RFC or other official document?
6. 'ext_socket.h; is the only header, which I need to include in my code on windows or I seel need to include winsock.h?
7. Last question, do I need to link my program with winsock or only with sctplib?

I will be very happy if help me :)

--
Cya!
Tom