Re: [SCTP-Discussion] Patch for Win32

  • From: Thomas Dreibholz <dreibh AT iem.uni-due.de>
  • To: sctp-discussion AT sctp.de
  • Subject: Re: [SCTP-Discussion] Patch for Win32
  • Date: Fri, 8 Feb 2008 09:10:11 +0100

On Donnerstag 07 Februar 2008, Carsten Fuchs wrote:
> Oh, this is news to me! I didn't know that.
> Somewhere I saw talk about a sctplib-1.3.x development version, and because
> nothing else was stated on the website sctp.de, I figured sctplib was still
> under development. Also because all the websites say that sctplib is the
> only (freely) available implementation for Windows... :-( Well, this
> should have been my first question.

sctplib-1.3.x is the development version, which is currently not maintained.
It realizes things like Add-IP. For the stable sctplib version, I regularly
provide updates that fix bugs. This version is tested quite well, since I
apply it for testing large RSerPool setups (see
http://tdrwww.iem.uni-due.de/dreibholz/rserpool/) consisting of hundreds of
components. But I do not plan to add new SCTP features to the sctplib.

However, if you are interested in sctplib's development, I can provide you
access to the sctplib's version management system. In this case, you could
track all my bug fixes/changes to the sctplib stable version and add them to
the development version.

I do not know about any other non-commercial SCTP implementation for Windows.
So, sctplib will probably the only possibility to use SCTP under Windows
within the next few years (in case you do not want to pay lots of money for a
commercial implementation).

Dr. Thomas Dreibholz

University of Duisburg-Essen, Room ES210
Inst. for Experimental Mathematics Ellernstraße 29
Computer Networking Technology Group D-45326 Essen/Germany
E-Mail:
dreibh AT iem.uni-due.de
Homepage: http://www.iem.uni-due.de/~dreibh