Re: [SCTP-Discussion] sctp_send delay on windows

  • From: "elie" <elie AT flashmail.com>
  • To: Michael Tuexen <Michael.Tuexen AT micmac.franken.de>, elie AT flashmail.com
  • Cc: sctp-discussion AT sctp.de
  • Subject: Re: [SCTP-Discussion] sctp_send delay on windows
  • Date: Thu, 28 Feb 2008 14:07:18 +0800

Michael,
The capture is here:

http://download.yousendit.com/BDC67D557E5A65EC

The client is 10.4.2.23 and the server is 10.4.2.65. The
client is starting to send data (164 packets using
sctp_send), than waits 10 seconds, than initiates a graceful
close (e.g. calls sctp_shutdown, than unregisterinstance).

Only 27 packets are initially sent, although sctp_send
succeeds. Only after calling sctp_shutdown you see the rest
of the data capture arrives. It seems the sctp_shutdown is
sending the rest of the packets (and not unregisterinstance
as I previously written, I was wrong. I'm calling the
shutdown & unregister one after the other, but as I've
inspected it when using sctp_abort and not shutdown, the
rest of the packets are not sent, so it seems to be related
to the close).

Here's a code snippet:

Server
for (;;)
{
isdatarrived() (if so copy it and return)
sctp_extendedEventLoop(sa_mainm->mainlock,sa_mainm->mainunlock
,NULL);
}

Client

int sctpsendmsg(const char *buf , int len)
{
r = SCTP_send(association,
0,
(unsigned char *)buf,