[SCTP-Discussion] Unregisterinstace question

  • From: "elie" <elie AT flashmail.com>
  • To: sctp-discussion AT sctp.de
  • Subject: [SCTP-Discussion] Unregisterinstace question
  • Date: Sun, 30 Mar 2008 19:53:46 +0800

Hello all,

I've written a server application which waits for
connections. In the library, it call SCTP_registerInstance
and accepts new associations.

After some associations are accepted (say about 10), I would
like to terminate the operation (e.g. the user closes the
application). What I'm doing is calling, for each
associations, SCTP_abort than SCTP_deleteAssociation. Once
all the associations are deleted, SCTP_unregisterInstance is
called.

Now this is fine, the problem is that during the time the
associations are deleted, new ones are being accepted, so
SCTP_unregisterInstance fails (probably because there are
now new associations).

Is there a way to prevent the instance from accepting new
associations before unregistering it, or is there a better
design to it?

thanks,
Eli.