[SCTP-Discussion] Non-blocking connect call for TCP-style socket

  • From: Bipin Chandrapal <mmcbipin AT yahoo.com>
  • To: sctp-discussion AT sctp.de
  • Subject: [SCTP-Discussion] Non-blocking connect call for TCP-style socket
  • Date: Wed, 9 Apr 2008 11:30:50 -0700 (PDT)

Hi All,

I am working on both solaris-10 and SUSE-10 operating systems.
I am trying to write a client program using SCTP sockets of TCP-style.

1.socket(AF_INET,SOCK_STREAM,IPPROTO_SCTP)
2.bind
3. Setting the socket to non-block mode using fcntl()
4. connect()
5. polling on the socket.

On success/failure of the connection, pollout event will come on the socket. Then I am getting the SO_ERROR socket option. If it is zero, then connection is success. Otherwise connection failed.

This approach is working fine with TCP sockets.

In case of SCTP sockets, on success pollout event is received. But there is no event received if the peer does not exist.

Could any one of you help me to write a client program using SCTP one-to-one style in non-blocking mode.

My main aim is connect should not block when I used one-to-one style SCTP sockets.

It will be a great help, if I get solution or suggestion from you.

Thanks and Regards,
Bipin.