[SCTP-Discussion] doubt regarding expiry of t3-rtx timer.

  • From: Mohammad Belgaumkar <Mohammad.Belgaumkar AT lntinfotech.com>
  • To: sctp-discussion AT sctp.de
  • Subject: [SCTP-Discussion] doubt regarding expiry of t3-rtx timer.
  • Date: Thu, 7 Aug 2008 16:32:34 +0530

Hi

I have a doubt regarding expiry of t3-rtx timer.
According to RFC if an t3-rtx timer expires we have to resend
earliest (i.e., lowest TSN) outstanding DATA chunks for that
destination address.

I m not clear what is meant by lowest TSN DATA chunks ?
How can I determine these lowest TSN DATA chunks ?
If i resend all my DATA chunks in my buffer , i may resend
DATA chunks for which SACKs may be on the way.
So i will end up resending wrong DATA chunks.

Any reply on these matter is very helpful
thanks in advance

Regards
Mohammad Arif Belgaumkar
L&T Infotech Ltd,
Whitefield,
Bangalore - 66
Ph - 91-80-66242424 extn 2018

( ) L&T Infotech General Business
(+) L&T Infotech Internal Use
( ) L&T Infotech Confidential
( ) L&T Infotech Proprietary

Larsen & Toubro Infotech Ltd.
www.Lntinfotech.com

This Document is classified as:

|------|
| [X] |
|------|L&T Infotech Proprietary |------|
| [ ] |
|------|L&T Infotech Confidential
|------|
| [ ]

|------|
L&T Infotech Internal Use Only |------|
| [ ] |
|------|L&T Infotech General Business

This Email may contain confidential or privileged information for the
intended recipient (s) If you are not the intended recipient, please do not
use or disseminate the information, notify the sender and delete it from
your system.

  • [SCTP-Discussion] doubt regarding expiry of t3-rtx timer., Mohammad Belgaumkar, 08/07/2008