Re: [SCTP-Discussion] Multihoming example

  • From: Alvaro Neira <alvarito_neira AT hotmail.com>
  • To: <sctp-discussion AT sctp.de>
  • Subject: Re: [SCTP-Discussion] Multihoming example
  • Date: Sat, 9 Aug 2008 17:50:23 -0400

Sorry for mailing to the wrong list, but thanks a lot to all the answers, they were very useful.
Bye.

Michael Tuexen escribió:
Hi Alvaro,

I'm assuming that you are using the SCTP kernel implementation and not
the sctplib, which is the SCTP implementation this list provides help
for.

But in any case: If both hosts have multiple address, just bind both
sochets to INADDR_ANY (assuming IPv4) and use connect() or
sendto() depending on the style you are using (1to1 or 1tomany) and
it should work. SCTP will negotiate the other addresses and use them.