Re: [SCTP-Discussion] sctplib in windows

  • From: Michael Tuexen <Michael.Tuexen AT micmac.franken.de>
  • To: Andreas Müller <mueller AT net.in.tum.de>
  • Cc: sctp-discussion AT sctp.de
  • Subject: Re: [SCTP-Discussion] sctplib in windows
  • Date: Mon, 24 Nov 2008 13:46:08 +0100

On Nov 24, 2008, at 10:11 AM, Andreas Müller wrote:

On Nov 21, 2008, at 7:36 PM, Michael Tuexen wrote:
So you are saying that the Windows box does not send the COOKIE- ECHO, right?
What I'm guessing is that the sctplib does not see the packet, because
there is some sort of Windows firewall running which 'protects' against
SCTP. Switch off all firewalls (add-ons and the Windows internal one).

You were right, switching off the windows firewall helped.
However, I expected it to ask me if I like to allow the connection or not, but it seems
it is not aware of sctp :-)
I guess so...

FYI: I'd like to use the library for extending my NAT-test client (nattest.net.in.tum.de)
to enable the windows client to test for a sctp-capable NAT. Since you actually work
on SCTP-NATs I thought you might be interested in that. Up to now it's only included
in the Linux tester (via libsctp)
I see. Thanks for the info...