[SCTP-Discussion] SCTP multihoming on FreeBSD 7.1

  • From: Zöld <zgabe84 AT gmail.com>
  • To: sctp-discussion AT sctp.de
  • Subject: [SCTP-Discussion] SCTP multihoming on FreeBSD 7.1
  • Date: Tue, 31 Mar 2009 14:09:34 +0200

Hi All,

I would like to use my laptop as a multi-interfaced client in a SCTP testbed and I want to use the SCTP mutihoming ability. My laptop has two NICs (wlan,ppp) and use IPv6 addresses. When the wlan's connection losts, the laptop become unreacheable (if the default gateway is the wlan's gateway) due to only one default gateway under FreeBSD. I read a lot about policy and source based routing with "ipfw fwd" and I started the try this way, but "ipfw add 101 fwd pppgateway ipv6 from pppaddress to any" command always throw invalid argument error. (I built a kernel with proper options as the handbook said).

Is there anyone who face with similar problem?