RE: [SCTP-Discussion] Issue with Sun Solaris 10 and SCTP

  • From: Martin Mayer <Martin.Mayer AT bridgewatersystems.com>
  • To: Michael Tüxen <Michael.Tuexen AT micmac.franken.de>
  • Cc: "sctp-discussion AT sctp.de" <sctp-discussion AT sctp.de>
  • Subject: RE: [SCTP-Discussion] Issue with Sun Solaris 10 and SCTP
  • Date: Thu, 11 Jun 2009 12:16:28 -0400
  • Accept-language: en-US
  • Acceptlanguage: en-US

Is there a Socket API somewhere that is already integrated with the Solaris
SCTP libraries? The application I am trying to build is relying on the socket
API. I have installed socketapi-2.2.0.

My problem is that, I would like to build the socket API that uses the
Solaris SCTP implementation.

I have done the configure as follows:
configure --with-sctplib=/usr

But it's looking for the static version of the library libsctplib.a which
does not seem to be available from Sun (they do supply a shared library)

I can spoof the configure script by creating a soft link to another
libsctplib.a. That is fine, but of course, it's not linking when I try to
build the socket API.

Thanks,
Martin Mayer