Re: [SCTP-Discussion] Issue with Sun Solaris 10 and SCTP

  • From: Michael Tüxen <Michael.Tuexen AT micmac.franken.de>
  • To: Martin Mayer <Martin.Mayer AT bridgewatersystems.com>
  • Cc: "sctp-discussion AT sctp.de" <sctp-discussion AT sctp.de>
  • Subject: Re: [SCTP-Discussion] Issue with Sun Solaris 10 and SCTP
  • Date: Thu, 11 Jun 2009 19:19:21 +0200

On Jun 11, 2009, at 6:16 PM, Martin Mayer wrote:

Is there a Socket API somewhere that is already integrated with the Solaris SCTP libraries? The application I am trying to build is relying on the socket API. I have installed socketapi-2.2.0.
Yes, Solaris supports already the SCTP socket API. So you do not need the sctplib of the socketapilib.

My problem is that, I would like to build the socket API that uses the Solaris SCTP implementation.

I have done the configure as follows:
configure --with-sctplib=/usr
No need for this. You do not need the sctplib.

But it's looking for the static version of the library libsctplib.a which does not seem to be available from Sun (they do supply a shared library)
The system provides a libsctp. The userland lib is called libsctplib and is the one
you do not need.

I can spoof the configure script by creating a soft link to another libsctplib.a. That is fine, but of course, it's not linking when I try to build the socket API.
I think it might be good to invest the time on getting the configure script/makefiles
right to get it running with the kernel SCTP.

Thanks,
Martin Mayer