[SCTP-Discussion] SCTP Event is received after more than 5 Minutes

  • From: Vinod Singh <vinod.puchi AT gmail.com>
  • To: sctp-discussion AT sctp.de
  • Subject: [SCTP-Discussion] SCTP Event is received after more than 5 Minutes
  • Date: Thu, 10 Sep 2009 11:54:52 +0530

I am using Redhat Linux with Kernel 2.6.18.

we are catching SCTP event SCTP_ASSOC_CHANGE and state SCTP_COMM_LOST once the network cable is disconnected ( of machine where my application is running).
I'm able to handle this event and but it is taking longer time to reach application. The application is receiving and sending messages using SCTP link.

The duration between removing the network cable and getting the event in application is more than 5 minutes ( in some cases it takes 8, 15 minutes also). This longer duration is not acceptable ...

Can anyone please help me to understand how it is possible to get this event in seconds.... . Do I need to configure any specific linux parameter for SCPT ?

Any help would be appreciated..

Regards,
Vinod