[SCTP-Discussion] Running the stt testtool.

  • From: Gurhan <gurhan.ozen AT gmail.com>
  • To: sctp-discussion AT sctp.de
  • Subject: [SCTP-Discussion] Running the stt testtool.
  • Date: Tue, 27 Sep 2011 12:22:13 -0400

Hi there,
I am having hardtime understanding how to set up a testbed for sctp
testing using stt tool. I have looked at the mailing list archives,
and I understand that I can have two nodes and designate one has SUT
which will have SCTP-enabled kernel and another one that can just be
used as a packet generator ( stt ) .
However, I am confused as to what to in the SUT node.. Would SUT still
run stt tool? If so, how? The webpage says "Furthermore the operating
system must NOT provide kernel SCTP support." ; so that made me think
that the SUT wouldn't be running stt. Is this correct?

On top of that, I understand that there sut can be defined as server
or client by toggling the sut-is-server variable false/true . Again,
if this is the case, would the testing node switch the roles
accordingly as well?

If the stt tool itself can be used in both SUT and testing nodes,
would they need to be sync up?

On a kind-of related note, I apparently at first downloaded the
older/non-working version of stt from
http://www.sctp.de/sctp-download.html page. It still has stt-0.9.6
version, whereas the newest version is at
http://sctp.fh-muenster.de/sctp-testtool.html . Can someone please
update the former page?

Thanks in advance.
Gurhan