RE: [SCTP-Discussion] Running the stt testtool.

  • From: "Mohd Arif" <mohd.arif AT nechclst.in>
  • To: "Gurhan" <gurhan.ozen AT gmail.com>, <sctp-discussion AT sctp.de>
  • Subject: RE: [SCTP-Discussion] Running the stt testtool.
  • Date: Wed, 28 Sep 2011 15:14:58 +0530

Hi Gurhan,

I used the STT Tool an year back.

Let me answer some of your queries:

Q1: Would SUT/NUT still run stt tool? If so, how?

A1: SUT/NUT will NOT run STT tool. If you want to run SUT/NUT as server or client, then you can use sctp_darn or sctp_test utilities.

    Otherwise, you can also develop your own application for server or client.

I feel that most of the points are clear to you, but even then, let me share a brief on “how to use STT”.

Brief Explanation on How to Use STT:

1.  Hardware Requirement

2.  Software Requirement

SCTP Test Tool

ETSI SCTP Test Cases

Guile-config

3.  Installation at TN (Testing Node)

Change directory to <path>/stt-0.9.9d.tar.gz/

# ./configure

# make

# make install

4.  Configuration at TN

a) Remove sctp kernel module if any, using rmmod

b) Change directory to <path>/stt/sctp-tests

c) Configure the directory path in file stt.scm

                  (define dir "<path>/sctp/sctp-tests/")

d) Create a soft link using command: ln -s stt.scm ./.stt.scm

e) Change HOME directory using command: export HOME=`pwd`

f) Depending upon the test case requirements, configure following fields of file “sctp-tests/sctp-param-testtool.scm”

      sut-is-server, sut-addr, sut-addr1 (add this variable for multihoming), tester-addr-1, tester-addr-2(add for multihoming),

      tester-port, tester-os, tester-mis

5.  Installation

a)  At NUT: Start SCTP Server or Client using lksctp tool or own application b)  At TN : Change directory to <path>/stt/sctp-tests c)  At TN : Execute following command-

#runsctptest <test case id>

d)  For example, #runsctptest sctp-d-v-8-1

The above explanation may clear some of your doubts.

There are lot of wise people in the mailing list, probably they can add something more to it.

Best Regards,

Arif