[SCTP-Discussion] SCTP Tie tag question

  • From: Marcin Zawadzki <zaba.marcin AT gmail.com>
  • To: sctp-discussion AT sctp.de
  • Subject: [SCTP-Discussion] SCTP Tie tag question
  • Date: Fri, 20 Jan 2012 15:15:23 +0100

I'm currently using sctp lib  1.0.8 and I have a problem with association reset scenario.

According to documentation RFC2960 5.2.2
If sctp peer receives INIT chunk for already established association, it should send back INIT_ACK with state_cookie containing tie tags(I-Tag and V-Tag of the curren association)

In my case, tie tags are always set to zero, despite the fact that old I-Tag and V-Tag are stored properly. Association is established succesfuly as in COOKIE_ECHO I receive those tie tags set to 0.

Does anyone know why those values are zeros ? Is it proper behaviour ?

Best Regards
Marcin Zawadzki