Re: [SCTP-Discussion] SCTP for Windows

  • From: Michael Tuexen <Michael.Tuexen AT micmac.franken.de>
  • To: Eyal Savion <eyalsavion AT hotmail.com>
  • Cc: "discussion AT sctp.de" <discussion AT sctp.de>
  • Subject: Re: [SCTP-Discussion] SCTP for Windows
  • Date: Thu, 21 Feb 2013 21:02:22 +0100

On Feb 21, 2013, at 6:15 PM, Eyal Savion wrote:

> Hello,
>
> I willing to install upon Windows OS, I have followed all the instructions
> regarding SCTP.lib installation from this site,
> How can I combine the SCTP.lib with SocketAPI and use it together for my
> VC10 environment ?
No, you can't. The SocketAPI lib hasn't been ported to Window.

> Please kindly guide me where to find instructions for Windows OS
> installation.
You might want to try a userland port of the FreeBSD implementation available
from
http://sctp.fh-muenster.de/sctp-user-land-stack.html
or from the SVN repo.

The API is similar to the socket API, but if you want the real socket API you
might
want to try
http://www.bluestop.org/SctpDrv/
which is also based on the FreeBSD stack.