Re: [SCTP-Discussion] Help Required SCTP testing

  • From: Michael Tuexen <Michael.Tuexen AT micmac.franken.de>
  • To: Umar Malik <omarali53 AT gmail.com>
  • Cc: discussion AT sctp.de
  • Subject: Re: [SCTP-Discussion] Help Required SCTP testing
  • Date: Fri, 2 May 2014 12:25:51 +0200
On 01 May 2014, at 20:31, Umar Malik
<omarali53 AT gmail.com>
wrote:

> Dear Experts,
> I hope all of you are doing good. My name is Umar Ali. I am currently
> trying to implement SCTP communication between two end system using two VMs
> (Ubuntu Based OS 12.04) on GNS3 platform. Please find the snapshot attached
> with this email.
> Currently I have successfully configured SCTP on both system and I can
> create SCTP association between both VMs which is indeed working fine.
> Now I am looking for some sort of application like (FTP, HTTP) so that I
> can further test my implementation. I want some sort of SCTP based
> application by using which I can copy the data from one VM to other VM.
> Over the last one week I am trying to find such type of application but
> unfortunately didn't find it yet. I shall be very thankful to you if some
> one from you could help me to find such an application so that I can
> proceed further. Looking forward for your feedback.
I'm not aware on an ftp client/server supporting SCTP explicitly. I'm also
not familiar
with the Linux stack, but I think there is something like withsctp on Ubuntu
which you
can use to run TCP based applications over SCTP.

If you just want to tool to generate traffic, you can look at uperf. The
latest cvs version
should run fine on Linux and support SCTP. You could also checkout iperf or
netperf for SCTP support.