RE: [SCTP-Discussion] multiple instances

  • From: Tuexen Michael <Michael.Tuexen AT icn.siemens.de>
  • To: "'discussion AT sctp.de'" <discussion AT sctp.de>
  • Subject: RE: [SCTP-Discussion] multiple instances
  • Date: Wed May 30 13:24:01 2001

Dear all,
see my comments below.

Michael Tuexen Tel.: +49 89 722 47210
Siemens AG Fax: +49 89 722 48212
ICN WN CS SE 5 E-mail:
Michael.Tuexen AT icn.siemens.de

[Tuexen Michael] We do support multiple SCTP processes
on a host with disjoint sets of IP-addresses. But keep in
mind you have to set up the IP forwarding correctly which
may be difficult on Linux.

> 2. If there are multiple instances running within a process (from what i
> gather from previous posts, its possible), when you have a
> communicationUpNotif, how do we tell which instances the new association
> belongs to?

[Tuexen Michael] I'm not sure what the problem is. You only
need the assoc id and if you wnat to know the local and remote
port number of the assoc use the get_assoc_state (in pre10).

> thanks for your time. sorry if the answers are obvious.
> wc
[Tuexen Michael] Answers are only obvious in math. And verifying this
can take some days...