AW: [SCTP-Discussion] multiple instances

  • From: Schruefer Wolfgang <Wolfgang.Schruefer AT icn.siemens.de>
  • To: "'discussion AT sctp.de'" <discussion AT sctp.de>
  • Subject: AW: [SCTP-Discussion] multiple instances
  • Date: Wed May 30 14:17:01 2001

> > 2. If there are multiple instances running within a process (from what i
> > gather from previous posts, its possible), when you have a
> > communicationUpNotif, how do we tell which instances the new association
> > belongs to?
> >
> [Tuexen Michael] I'm not sure what the problem is. You only
> need the assoc id and if you wnat to know the local and remote
> port number of the assoc use the get_assoc_state (in pre10).

[Schruefer Wolfgang] I have the same problem, because my upper layer
wants to create 2 instances with different local ports, but equal callback
functions. When communicationUpNotif() is called at the server side, he does
not know to which instance it belongs.
To give him a chance to determine it, I would suggest to add the
instanceID in the struct SCTP_AssociationStatus.
Is this possible?

Viele Gruesse
Wolfgang Schruefer