[SCTP-Discussion] Socket API Question

  • From: Dilip <dilris AT yahoo.com>
  • To: discussion AT sctp.de
  • Subject: [SCTP-Discussion] Socket API Question
  • Date: Tue Sep 11 14:30:01 2001

Hi

The socket api allows us to have features similar to
the normal socket api for TCP/UDP.

Does the SCTP socket api support the feature of
select()
if not can anyone suggest how to have a server which
is single threaded concurrent.

If I fork a process will the new process get the SCTP
support?? (as I understand that we cant have 2 SCTP
applications running on the same host)

---
Also when I terminate the client (Ctrl-C) the server
doesnt get the LOST communication.. it still runs
assuming the client to be there...

Thanks
Dilip

=====