Re: [SCTP-Discussion] Some general queries on implementation

  • From: "Michael Mueller" <bhu5nji AT yahoo.com>
  • To: <discussion AT sctp.de>
  • Subject: Re: [SCTP-Discussion] Some general queries on implementation
  • Date: Thu Oct 25 21:03:01 2001

Can you expand on your comment below about the reference
implementation being "probably more solid and complete" than the
sctplib version of SCTP?

Is it the intent of the sctplib developer's to make the
implementation "more solid and complete"?

Could you comment on what is planned for sctplib in the future?
Will it continue as a library that executes in user space. Will it
evolve to become a kernel implementation. Is continuity planned for
the forseeable future?

I am also interested in where you see SCTP heading. I am hearing
mixed reactions (+ to -) from my contacts in NA at companies ranging
from equipment vendors to network service providers.

How could sctplib not be solid with such a large user community?
Unless I am completely missing something, it appears to me that the
user interaction for sctplib has higher volume than any other SCTP
group available. I've subscribed to every SCTP group that I can
find and the sctplib group is the ONLY group from which I see
interaction. Can someone help me get plugged in to other SCTP
discussions if they exist?

Best regards,
Mike