Re: [SCTP-Discussion] SCTP compilation failure on Solaris.

  • From: "J.W. Chang" <jwjang AT telcoware.com>
  • To: <discussion AT sctp.de>
  • Subject: Re: [SCTP-Discussion] SCTP compilation failure on Solaris.
  • Date: Fri Nov 9 07:42:01 2001

The socket API implementation on Solaris is somewhat complicated, and you
may
need some tough trial-and-error to get it work.

As I know of, Solaris 2.6, 7, or 8 have two similar, but not exactly
identical, socket APIs.
One is linked by -lsocket, and the other is linked by -lxnet. Please try to
view the socket(3) man pages
by "man -s 3n socket" and "man -s 3xn socket". You will see that they're not
identical.
The latter one is an "X/Open Portability Guide" compliant socket API, and
sctplib-1.0.0-pre14 seems to
use this API for Solaris.

But sctplib-1.0.0-pre14 makefiles do not define "-D_XOPEN_SOURCE"
compilation option, which is
required to include X/Open version of socket API declarations from
/usr/include/sys/socket.h.
(-D_XOPEN_SOURCE automatically defines -D_XPG4_2 or other ones.)

So I have manually edited makefiles generated by "configure" script to add
the above compilation switch and
get it work.

Actually, there are some more problems with sctplib on Solaris as I know of.
For example,
- At least Solaris 2.6 and 7 do not have inet_aton(), which is used by
sctplib sometimes.
- There is a C++ style comment on sctp.h, which causes problem on Sun Forte
C compilers.
- Some setsockopt() calls cause runtime failure on Solaris, for example,
RECVDSTADDR.
- pre14 version of sctplib on Solaris fails to accept incoming sctp
associations. A few lines of source code
should be modified to get it work on server mode.

Currently I'm extensively testing sctplib on Solaris, and all the source
codes I crack will be reported to this mailing list.

Regards,
Chang Jin-woong
jwjang AT telcoware.com