[SCTP-Discussion] SCTP streams and D-Channel in IUA

  • From: "Sundaresan M" <sundarem AT future.futsoft.com>
  • To: <discussion AT sctp.de>
  • Subject: [SCTP-Discussion] SCTP streams and D-Channel in IUA
  • Date: Thu Dec 13 12:52:00 2001

Thanks for the reply.

So now my understanding is this. Please correct me if I am wrong.

1) On SCTP association the two peer ends negociate and agree on the SCTP
streams that will be used by them.
2) Later on during Establishment of the D-channel from the ASP using
ESTABLISH_REQUEST message the ASP will specify 1 particular interface
identifier on a PARTICULAR Stream.
3) This is the stream that particular interface identifier will use all
through the existence of that D-channel.

If this is okay now I have a small query. Can multiple D-Channels be
Requested(using Establish_Request) on the same sctp stream. I think this
should be possible.

Best Regards,
Sundar.
sundarem AT future.futsoft.com