Re: [SCTP-Discussion] SIP packet over SCTP

  • From: M.Mueller <mmueller AT signalnetware.com>
  • To: discussion AT sctp.de
  • Subject: Re: [SCTP-Discussion] SIP packet over SCTP
  • Date: Sat Apr 6 20:18:14 2002

On Friday 05 April 2002 03:03 pm, you wrote:

> Thanks for the previous suggestions, they helped a lot. I am in the second
> stage now, and I need some more help. I need to change the transport layer
> for SIP packets from UDP to SCTP using a Linux box i.e. I want a Linux box
> to receive a SIP over UDP packet, change its transport layer to SCTP and
> send it to another Linux box.

I put sctplib and some of the test app code into a daemon environment and
added AF_INET IPC. You could modify my work to alternately handle events from
a UDP port and the sctplib. Packet interworking will be your work. My work
is rudimentary and was done as a proof of concept. I will be improving it in
the June/July timeframe. You are welcome to have a copy of my work in its
current form. Reply directly if interested. The new work is covered by the
GPL license of the sctplib. Credits to the original authors are intact in
the new work.

--
Michael Mueller
Signalnetware, Inc.