[SCTP-Discussion] segvault

  • From: Coene Lode <Lode.Coene AT siemens.atea.be>
  • To: "SCTP Discussion (E-mail)" <discussion AT sctp.de>
  • Subject: [SCTP-Discussion] segvault
  • Date: Thu Sep 19 09:42:01 2002

I am using the function sctp_getEvents() in a infinite loop
and after receiving and processing of data from the remote side, the program
does a SIGSEGV mostly in the same memory range. The GDB shows via the where
cmd:
#0 0xbffff784 in ??()
Cannot access memory at address 0x0

It does the dump after receiving about 2 to 3 data msgs in a few seconds.
The Datanotification callback function is correctly executed and then the
SIGSEGV occurs.
During the many dumps, there was one that was located in SCTP-control.c:192
function sci_timer_expired and I noticed that all the input parameters were
0.
This only occured once and all the other SIGSEGV were outside of SCTP code
it seems
(at addresses 0xbffff784, 0xbffff46d, 0xbffff49c)

It looks very weird, maybe has something to do with using the
sctp_getEvents() and timers
The sctp_eventLoop didn't do that(but now I not using it).

yours sincerly,
Lode Coene

Siemens atea
atealaan 34 2200 Herentals, Belgium