RE: [SCTP-Discussion] segvault

  • From: Coene Lode <Lode.Coene AT siemens.atea.be>
  • To: 'Andreas Jungmaier' <ajung AT exp-math.uni-essen.de>, "SCTP Discussion (E-mail)" <discussion AT sctp.de>
  • Subject: RE: [SCTP-Discussion] segvault
  • Date: Fri Sep 20 11:52:00 2002

Don't look any further. I have found it.
It is a rerun of the same problem.
sctp_receive expects a pointer to a buffer that must be allocated by MY
program.
But I did not have such a buffer.
I just passed the pointer and expected that you allocated a buffer.(which
you don't)
After looking at valgrind output, I realised my error and alloced a buffer
myself and
behold, no protestations from valgrind on that issue and I can receive msg
with lengths
from 5 to 25,10,60,38.....
I relied on the documentation of sctp.h too much. It is nowhere mentioned
or I didn't read enough.
Maybe at least the sctp.h file should mention that...

Thanks you for all the help and suggestions and sorry for bothering you.
Hope you have a nice weekend(well no bugs to search for...)

yours sincerly,
Lode

Siemens atea
atealaan 34 2200 Herentals, Belgium