Re: [SCTP-Discussion] multihoming support of SCTP

  • From: Janardhan Iyengar <iyengar AT mail.eecis.udel.edu>
  • To: Michael Tüxen <Michael.Tuexen AT micmac.franken.de>
  • Subject: Re: [SCTP-Discussion] multihoming support of SCTP
  • Date: Wed Aug 6 21:57:01 2003

Hi Thomas,

> > Does SCTP manage the load balancing if an SCTP association uses more
> > then
> > one interface on the same host?
> No. Currently SCTP uses multiple paths for fault tolerance, not for
> load sharing.

I am currently working on Concurrent Multipath Transfer (CMT) with SCTP
which enables simultaneous use of the paths. We have a paper in submission
on the topic.. if you (or anybody) is interested, I'd be glad to send a
copy.

regards,
jana

Janardhan R. Iyengar http://www.cis.udel.edu/~iyengar
Protocol Engineering Lab University of Delaware