Re: [SCTP-Discussion] SCTP Versions (was : Undefined reference to SCTP function calls during compilation)

  • From: Michael Tuexen <Michael.Tuexen AT micmac.franken.de>
  • To: Andreas Jungmaier <ajung AT exp-math.uni-essen.de>
  • Cc: "Mohit Gupta" <mgupta AT ucdavis.edu>, <discussion AT sctp.de>
  • Subject: Re: [SCTP-Discussion] SCTP Versions (was : Undefined reference to SCTP function calls during compilation)
  • Date: Tue Nov 11 19:02:02 2003

Andreas,

my point is that a user of the developer version should know
that he is getting something different.

If he is willing to handle compile problems, be active in supporting
the debugging process and get a lot of new features, then he/she should
use the 1.1.? branch. Proving a hint where it compiles / runs might be
helpful.

If he/she 'only' wants to use an SCTP implementation he/she might want
to prefer the stable version.