[SCTP-Discussion] sctp_bindx()

  • From: "Gurpreet Virdi" <gurpreetvirdi AT hotmail.com>
  • To: "Michael Tuexen" <Michael.Tuexen AT micmac.franken.de>
  • Cc: <discussion AT sctp.de>
  • Subject: [SCTP-Discussion] sctp_bindx()
  • Date: Fri Jun 11 20:57:01 2004

I am trying dynamic address extension. I was just wondering if sctp_bindx works with the normal sctplibrary-1.0.1 (sctp daemon implementation) or does it only work with lksctp which will require kernerl upgradation?

If it does work with lksctp is there any way that it can work with the normal sctp daemon implementation? or would that require me creating a whole bunch of functions and ultimately not using sctp_bindx?

In the draft for Sockets API Extensions for SCTP, I tried the example given at the bottom of the draft using TCP type API, but it gives a whole bunch of errors of not being able to recongnize SCTP_ASSOC_CHANGE etc.I was wondering any extra librariers to be included besides the ones included in the current version of sample programs in the sctplibrary like echo_server.c. I am compiling this program wih the standard makefile given in the sctplib-1.0.1.

Thanks,
gurpreet