[SCTP-Discussion] Ip forwarding; ASCONF SUCCEEDED ; home address;

  • From: "Gurpreet Virdi" <gurpreetvirdi AT hotmail.com>
  • To: <discussion AT sctp.de>
  • Subject: [SCTP-Discussion] Ip forwarding; ASCONF SUCCEEDED ; home address;
  • Date: Sat Jun 26 20:47:02 2004

I was wondering if there is any way to tell SCTP client servers to only form
associations between IP's of the same network/subnet if IP forwarding is
enabled. I mean I could deactivate IP forwarding in the kernel, but if i
didn't want to then is there still a way to tell SCTP to form paths only
between same subnets/networks.

Also when a new IP is added, lets say on the client side, the network status
change functions enters the mode of "ASCONF SUCCEEDED". I was wondering if
there is any way to find out if this ASCONF SUCCEEDED was for a path that
was added or deleted. I mean on the seerver side you know the path is added
or deleted, but how do you find out on the client side if ASCONF SUCCEEDED
was a path added or deleted.

Lastly, for any association , by using pathStatus.destinationAddress, you
can find out the destination address; how can you find out your own home
address for that path.Is there any API or function or call.

Thanks.
Gurpreet