[SCTP-Discussion] Fwd: Help required

  • From: "Pankaja" <pankaja AT rediffmail.com>
  • To: discussion AT sctp.de
  • Subject: [SCTP-Discussion] Fwd: Help required
  • Date: Tue Sep 14 12:47:00 2004

Note: Forwarded message attached

-- Orignal Message --

From: "Pankaja"
<pankaja AT rediffmail.com>
To:
Michael.Tuexen AT micmac.franken.de
Cc:
pankaja AT rediffmail.com
Subject: Help required

--- Begin Message ---
  • From: "Pankaja" <pankaja AT rediffmail.com>
  • To: Michael.Tuexen AT micmac.franken.de
  • Cc: pankaja AT rediffmail.com
Hello sir,
I have the following doubts regarding the SCTP association. Plz send me the
solution as soon as possible.

1. I want to establish two SCTP association with two different hosts.
Ex: say IP_ADDR-1 should associate with IP_ADDR-2 and IP_ADDR-3.
To achive this shall i have a common SCTP instance for both the associations
or i should have different SCTP instance for each association.

2. If the above thing works then IP_ADDR-1 should send messages from both
IP_ADDR-2 and IP_ADDR-3 in round robin fashion.

3. If one of the association goes down then IP_ADDR-1 should not terminate
the association with the other active association.

4. If one of the association goes down IP_ADDR-1 should retry to establish
the association with the inactive host. In this case my observation is
IP_ADDR-1 is able to establish the association with the othe peer but it is
losing the association with the active peer (earlier active one).

Please give me some tips about multiple sctp association establishment and
retry to establish the lost association when one is active and the other is
inactive. I have to fix some problem immediately.
I would be extremly thankful to u if u could send me back the reply as soon
as possible.
I have read the SCTP manuals but couldnt get any info regarding the above
mentioned points.

Thanks and Regards
Pankaja

--- End Message ---