Re: [SCTP-Discussion] Fwd: Help required

  • From: Michael Tuexen <Michael.Tuexen AT micmac.franken.de>
  • To: "Pankaja" <pankaja AT rediffmail.com>
  • Cc: discussion AT sctp.de
  • Subject: Re: [SCTP-Discussion] Fwd: Help required
  • Date: Tue Sep 14 17:52:03 2004

See my comments in-line.

On Sep 14, 2004, at 12:44 Uhr, Pankaja wrote:

Note: Forwarded message attached

-- Orignal Message --

From: "Pankaja"
<pankaja AT rediffmail.com>
To:
Michael.Tuexen AT micmac.franken.de
Cc:
pankaja AT rediffmail.com
Subject: Help required

From: "Pankaja"
<pankaja AT rediffmail.com>
To:
Michael.Tuexen AT micmac.franken.de
Cc:
pankaja AT rediffmail.com

Hello sir,
I have the following doubts regarding the SCTP association. Plz send me the solution as soon as possible.

1. I want to establish two SCTP association with two different hosts.
Ex: say IP_ADDR-1 should associate with IP_ADDR-2 and IP_ADDR-3.
To achive this shall i have a common SCTP instance for both the associations or i should have different SCTP instance for each association.
Both solutions should work, depending on the port number you are using on the IN_ADDR-1 side.

2. If the above thing works then IP_ADDR-1 should send messages from both IP_ADDR-2 and IP_ADDR-3 in round robin fashion.
You would have to write such an program. This is not done by any of our programs.

3. If one of the association goes down then IP_ADDR-1 should not terminate the association with the other active association.
Correct.

4. If one of the association goes down IP_ADDR-1 should retry to establish the association with the inactive host. In this case my observation is IP_ADDR-1 is able to establish the association with the othe peer but it is losing the association with the active peer (earlier active one).

This is something you have to do. After a communication lost indication none of the provided testprograms
will reestablish the association again.

Please give me some tips about multiple sctp association establishment and retry to establish the lost association when one is active and the other is inactive. I have to fix some problem immediately.
Try to call sctp_association in the communication lost indication.

I would be extremly thankful to u if u could send me back the reply as soon as possible.
I have read the SCTP manuals but couldnt get any info regarding the above mentioned points.

Thanks and Regards
Pankaja