Re: [SCTP-Discussion] The performance of SCTP vs TCP !!!

  • From: Michael Tuexen <Michael.Tuexen AT micmac.franken.de>
  • To: Yogesh P Sinha <yogeshp AT seas.upenn.edu>
  • Cc: discussion AT sctp.de
  • Subject: Re: [SCTP-Discussion] The performance of SCTP vs TCP !!!
  • Date: Tue Jan 11 01:52:00 2005

Yogesh,

see my comments in-line.

On Jan 11, 2005, at 1:23 Uhr, Yogesh P Sinha wrote:

Hello,
I want to compare the performance of SCTP and TCP. Can you tell me on which criterias should I make the comparison ? One criteria could
Well, you can compare the performance of the implementations or the protocol under different scenarios. But you should
note that SCTP and TCP share the same congestion control and flow control...
be speed of file transfer between machines using TCP and SCTP. So using sctplib-1.3.1 how do I develop the behavior of file transfer in SCTP ? Do I need to use lksctp package and compile the linux kernel with it. Somebody, please help.
You should note that you can use only one SCTP implementation at a given time on a host. So you can use the sctplip, which is
a userland implementation, or LKSCTP, which is a kernel implementation.

Yogesh