Re: [SCTP-Discussion] The performance of SCTP vs TCP !!!

  • From: Michael Tuexen <Michael.Tuexen AT micmac.franken.de>
  • To: Yogesh Sinha <yogeshp AT seas.upenn.edu>
  • Cc: discussion AT sctp.de
  • Subject: Re: [SCTP-Discussion] The performance of SCTP vs TCP !!!
  • Date: Thu Jan 13 18:42:02 2005

Yogesh,

see my comments in-line.

On Jan 13, 2005, at 14:43 Uhr, Yogesh Sinha wrote:

Hi,
I have sctplib-1.3.1 on my machine. I want to compare the performance of SCTP
with its multi-streaming and multi-homing feature using this package. How do I
do it ? What commands should I give or what are the names of programs I use
which comes with sctplib?
To test multistreaming you have to write your own programs...
How do I test the advantage of multi-homing feature in the context of
performance? Please help.
If you bind against INADDR_ANY, this is done automatically.
Is there some useful URLs on perfromance tests using sctplib, then please send
those.

thanks,
Yogesh