Re: [SCTP-Discussion] sctp under LGPL for embedded application

  • From: dp AT ii.net
  • To: Michael Tuexen <Michael.Tuexen AT micmac.franken.de>
  • Cc: discussion AT sctp.de
  • Subject: Re: [SCTP-Discussion] sctp under LGPL for embedded application
  • Date: Fri Aug 19 12:02:01 2005

Hi Michael,

MT> On Aug 18, 2005, at 12:20 PM, David Pascoe wrote:

MT> This sounds good. I would like to ask you to provide the patches
MT> you made such that (if appropriate) we can incorporate them in the next
MT> version of the sctplib. This makes also your like easier when upgrading
MT> to a newer version of the sctplib.

that would be the easy bit ... hopefully only peripheral changes will be
required ; like to glue in timers, execution flow, memory management and
tx/rx of packets.

I would be most happy to hear from someone who has ported sctp to an
embedded platform. My first concern is whether it requires a pre-emptive
OS ? our OS is all message passing, all threads run to completion, no
pre-emption possible.

MT> I would like to know what kind of product you are building, if it
MT> is possible for you to answer than question.

It is a modular router with lots of PBX and VoIP protocols supported. We
are looking for sctp to support several hundred associations being various
signalling protocols over RTP.

davidp.