[SCTP-Discussion] Re: what is difference of SCTP socketapi library

  • From: dreibh AT iem.uni-due.de
  • To: ??? <starim AT telcoware.com>
  • Cc: discussion AT sctp.de
  • Subject: [SCTP-Discussion] Re: what is difference of SCTP socketapi library
  • Date: Thu Sep 1 11:22:01 2005

Zitat von ???
<starim AT telcoware.com>:

> Hello..
>
> I know current version is sctp socketapi-1.3.2 and this version needs sctp
> sctplib-1.0.3.
> so I wonder socketapi/sctplib library are dependent each other?
>
> I alreay used sctplib-1.0.0-pre19 version and fixed or added locally codes.
> but I meet a need I have to socketapi.
> which socketapi version is needed?

sctplib is our userland SCTP implementation. It provides a callback API. The
socketapi implements the socket API (as it is provided by kernel SCTP) on top
of the sctplib.

Newer versions of sctplib and socketapi mainly contain bug fixes. Always use
the
latest versions available; they are more stable.

Best regards

Thomas Dreibholz