Re: [SCTP-Discussion] SCTP failover (path changeover) problem

  • From: Shefiroth Tsai <shefiroth AT gmail.com>
  • To: Michael Tuexen <Michael.Tuexen AT micmac.franken.de>
  • Cc: discussion AT sctp.de
  • Subject: Re: [SCTP-Discussion] SCTP failover (path changeover) problem
  • Date: Thu Nov 3 13:52:09 2005

Sorry I am not able to provide the message trace now.
My program is an SCTP streaming application.
I think the reason is that my application continuously transmit packets from the server to the client.
Thus, several TSNs may have the same RTO, right?
Assue that when the network wire is pulled out, the ongoing TSN is 60.
Then TSN #61, #62, and #63, might have the same RTO because the server was continuously sending packets.
Therefore, the time consumed to failover can be reduced because the number of retransmissions will increase faster.

What I mean is:
The minimum value (63 seconds) for an SCTP association to failover is for the situation that only one packet is sent.
If packets are continuouly transmitted from the server to the client, the time consumed to failover can be reduced, right?