Re: [SCTP-Discussion] Queries concerning to SACK .........

  • From: Michael Tuexen <Michael.Tuexen AT micmac.franken.de>
  • To: Nigar <nigar AT teledna.com>
  • Cc: sctp-discussion AT sctp.de
  • Subject: Re: [SCTP-Discussion] Queries concerning to SACK .........
  • Date: Wed, 20 Feb 2008 10:52:26 +0100

Hi Nigar,

see my comments in-line.

On Feb 20, 2008, at 8:13 AM, Nigar wrote:
Hi All,

I have certain queries, i went through the SCTP library but did not get the complete idea.

Please help me out for the following queries:

1) If the reciver of the DATA chunk fails to create a SACK, will the ULP gets dataArriveNotification.
It should get a dataArriveNotification if and only if the data can be
delivered to the upper layer. If there are missing messages, it might
not happen.

2) Ceratin times we have observed in the ethereal, peer is sending SACK after he has received 6 DATA chunks (the SACK is having the cumulative TSN info). Why this type of behaviour happens?. In SCTP library we have seen the SACK is created the moment DATA chunk is received.
There is a difference between what is on the wire and what has been seen
by the sctplib. You should see for every other packet (not TSN) a SACK when
there are neither duplicate TSNs nor gaps and it is not the first TSN...

Regards
Nigar