Re: [SCTP-Discussion] sctp_send timing and sctp_eventLoop

  • From: "elie" <elie AT flashmail.com>
  • To: Michael Tuexen <Michael.Tuexen AT micmac.franken.de>, elie AT flashmail.com
  • Cc: sctp-discussion AT sctp.de
  • Subject: Re: [SCTP-Discussion] sctp_send timing and sctp_eventLoop
  • Date: Mon, 02 Jun 2008 15:11:28 +0800

Michael,
Thanks for you help.

By caps-limited I mean the hardware is limited by the number
of calls per second it can process (which is determined by
the number of packets it receives). When it receives too
many packets (which result in too many call attempts) it
fails to produce all the calls required. I've written below
"losses packets" which is not clear - I've meant the
application layer can't handle the load and does not process
all the packets.
I'll try and see what I can do about the rate control. The
windows application is thread safe, and seems to perform
fine beside the rate limit issue.

thanks,
Eli.