[SCTP-Discussion] Regarding features of SCTP

  • From: Vishwas Dubey <dubey.vishwas AT gmail.com>
  • To: sctp-discussion AT sctp.de
  • Subject: [SCTP-Discussion] Regarding features of SCTP
  • Date: Tue, 17 Jan 2012 10:50:35 +0530

Hi All,

I am currently using kernel-2.6.35.14-97.fc14.i686 which does have support for SCTP. Please, let me know if the following features are supported in this kernel:-

1) Is LKSCTP for kernel-2.6.35.14-97.fc14.i686 stable ? Does it have any issues pertaining to robustness ?
2) Hot stand-by redundancy (not multi-homing) - I want to have two different SCTP instances running on two different cards and want that once the primary card goes down, the second (or the redundant) card takes over having the same context as the primary card such that the services provided by the card does not get interrupted.
3) Dynamic addition of nodes during recovery from failure i.e. after the redundant card has taken over the control in 2.
4) Provision for stream-level statistics.
5) Customization of IPv6 header parameters (HOPLIMIT and TCLASS) of out-going SCTP packets (data and control chunks).

Thanks in advance.

Vishwas