Re: [SCTP-Discussion] Regarding features of SCTP

  • From: Thomas Dreibholz <dreibh AT iem.uni-due.de>
  • To: sctp-discussion AT sctp.de
  • Subject: Re: [SCTP-Discussion] Regarding features of SCTP
  • Date: Tue, 17 Jan 2012 07:37:18 +0100

Dear Vishwas,

this is the mailing list of the sctplib userland SCTP implementation, *not*
for LK-SCTP. For LK-SCTP, you could e.g. ask on their mailing list lksctp-
developers AT lists.sourceforge.net.

Am Dienstag 17 Januar 2012, 10:50:35 schrieb Vishwas Dubey:
> Hi All,
>
> I am currently using kernel-2.6.35.14-97.fc14.i686 which does have support
> for SCTP. Please, let me know if the following features are supported in
> this kernel:-
>
> 1) Is LKSCTP for kernel-2.6.35.14-97.fc14.i686 stable ? Does it have any
> issues pertaining to robustness ?
> 2) Hot stand-by redundancy (not multi-homing) - I want to have two
> different SCTP instances running on two different cards and want that once
> the primary card goes down, the second (or the redundant) card takes over
> having the same context as the primary card such that the services provided
> by the card does not get interrupted.
> 3) Dynamic addition of nodes during recovery from failure i.e. after the
> redundant card has taken over the control in 2.
> 4) Provision for stream-level statistics.
> 5) Customization of IPv6 header parameters (HOPLIMIT and TCLASS) of
> out-going SCTP packets (data and control chunks).
>
> Thanks in advance.

Thomas Dreibholz

University of Duisburg-Essen, Room ES210
Inst. for Experimental Mathematics Ellernstraße 29
Computer Networking Technology Group D-45326 Essen/Germany
E-Mail:
dreibh AT iem.uni-due.de
Homepage: http://www.iem.uni-due.de/~dreibh